Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Violation

This blog entry is a warning.... it can happen to you.

Yesterday, our credit card number was stolen and used. The card company caught it.

Yesterday evening, my paypal account was hacked as well as my google account. I caught it and immediately called paypal, and got my account back. It took until this evening to get my google (and this includes my blogger account) back.

It can happen to anyone. It happened to me. Fortunately, I am not out any money. But I am out peace of mind. The fact that people do this with no thought as to what grief and pain they are causing another person just blows my mind.

Make sure your passwords are unique and change them often. I don't know how this person got into my paypal account. I don't know how they got into my gmail account. I do know I am going to be watching all of my accounts like a hawk. I hope you will do the same in this season where some people feel like the season of giving is the season of taking.

No comments: