Sunday, March 15, 2009

And the BEAT goes ON... Patterns 2... storage?

Here it is, almost a month since my last blog post (as my friend KellyK points out to me).

First thing, thank you to those who weighed in on Patterns. I can't say I chose "A" for all of the questions. It would be much easier for me to choose "A" for someone else's debris than it is for my own.

In case it wasn't obvious, the title "Patterns" was meant to have a double meaning. The reason I have so many clothing patterns is because of the patterns in my life. I'm seriously concerned that (1) once I get rid of the excess stuff I will miss it and (2) even if I get rid of it all and am temporarily thrilled with the cleared and cleaned areas I will eventually fall back into the patterns that got me to this point in the first place. After all, I have lost weight and felt fabulous at least 4 or 5 times in my life, and each time I did, I eventually put back the weight plus more. How do I keep this from happening in my house?

For the moment, my husband and I decided to rent a storage unit so I can haul out as much as possible from my craft room and the rest of the house. The idea is that once I have things rearranged and settled organizationally in the house without the stuff, I will only bring back what I really want and get rid of the rest. (I beg of you not to laugh too hard)

1 comment:

GrammyDeb said...

I really do think that is a great idea. Would probably be good to set some time constraints OR don't do anything for 6 months to a year and see if you missed or needed any of it.

Sounds good in practice anyway, don't you think?