Monday, September 24, 2007

Slipping in a few beads...

Beads I made and contributed to a progressive style of bead and finding "swap":


Slip Slidin' Away
by Paul Simon

God only knows, God makes his plan
The information's unavailable to the mortal man
We work our jobs, collect our pay
Believe we're gliding down the highway
When in fact we're slip sliding away

Slip sliding away, slip sliding away
You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip sliding away

I guess that "slipping in beads" could mean more than one thing... I feel like I'm "slipping in" more than beads these days!

My mother is making her recovery from surgery in fits and starts. This past weekend my dad found her on the floor next to the bed at home, she had tried to get out of bed without help... at the hospital they found fluid around her lungs/heart, so she spent a few days there.

Now mom has to spend some time at a nursing facility again, and it's disappointing and discouraging to her. Rough on my dad, too.

As I tell her to be patient, let her body recover, I feel like I'm also trying to tell myself the same thing... to be patient with life, sit back and find the good in each day, no matter how difficult that may be.

Slippin' in beads. Slip slidin' away....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(((Jael)))) Just know that God is with you. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers........ lots of hugs and love being sent your way!