Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Basket Weave fun


I made this bead a while back. I really like the combination of colors, and the basketweave illusion. The base bead is a black and silver mix, so it has a subtle glimmer.

When I made the basketweave cane, I was not particularly happy with the quality. Because I had not been attentive to the difference in the softness of the various clay colors, it did not go together well.

I went ahead and used it, cutting and splicing the slices where necessary, and it turned out just fine. In the future, I will make sure all of the clay is the same firmness, leaching the clay when appropriate.

I hope I've learned my lesson, but I have a tendency toward impatience when it comes to creating, so who knows where that will lead me in the future...

No comments: