Monday, January 4, 2016

Challenges

Last year threw challenges at me that had nothing to do with polymer clay. I did not complete the polymer clay challenge I began last year. I signed up for the Polymer Clay Adventure online retreat, and only really looked at a couple of the tutorials.

Depression hit in March. My dad's health suddenly went south shortly after (I take care of him here at my house, normally not terribly overwhelming, he has Parkinson's) because of a toe infection. I would never have thought a toe infection could set someone back so badly, but that's apparently not uncommon for Parkinson's patients. He was not able to walk or talk or even feed himself properly. This setback took him months to overcome. Fortunately my husband retired at exactly the same time everything went to hell in a hand-basket.

From December of 2014 to December of 2015 we had to say goodbye to 3 out of our 4 remaining kitties. And we are now back to having a full house of people since my daughter and her husband came back to live with us (temporarily. Really, just temporarily.)

So here I am in January 2016 and I'm not promising any long-term goals at the moment. But I am going to sign up for the Bead Soup Blog Party!


No comments: