Thursday, May 23, 2013

Flickr WOES (whoa, flickr!!!)

Flickr rolled out a brand-spanking-new layout on Monday. And boy oh boy has it not been a welcome change. The forum for feedback on the new design has been flooded with unhappy customers. I have a feeling that these changes will not be going away any time soon.

In some ways, I like the new design. In fact, I like looking at my photostream. I like the new design until I need to navigate and actually use it. Then... well, I'm just as unhappy as the rest of the people responding on the forum.

Its cluttered. For those of us whose life is already a cluttered mess, this is an unwelcome addition. It's hard to find things and it's apparently a little buggy.

So, as I read through the forum (okay, just a couple of pages at the end - it's gone to over 180 pages) I found mention of a photo hosting site that looks very much like the old flickr: ipernity and decided to check it out. It looks a lot like the old flickr, so I opened a free account. Feel free to take a look. I have transferred some of my photos from flickr to see how it looks, and so far it's okay. If you try it out, let me know what you think.

No comments: