Monday, February 18, 2008

Passion

Sometimes I find myself lacking that "something" that makes me passionate about life, about what I do, about my art.

Yesterday, I saw a piece on 60 Minutes that made me desire that passion. It was a piece about Gustavo Dudamel, a young conductor from Venezuela who has just been hired by the L.A. Philharmonic...

"Aside from the hair, the first thing you might notice about Gustavo Dudamel is the joy, the exuberance, the passion, the energy, with which he conducts. The hair bounces, the arms fly. He is a man possessed, conducting Beethoven, but doing a ballet."

After watching this man conduct, I thought "I want to be that passionate about something. I want what I do to excite me the way music excites him!"

So, now I have to figure out how...

No comments: