Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hearts 'n' Butterflies, oh my!

I've been going nuts making hearts. I love forming them, and don't even mind sanding them. I wonder what it is about the shape that is so appealing?

I generally create and sell hearts to make money for our church's deacon's fund for those in need. Look for these on Just Beads or perhaps on Etsy!!

And of course, the ever present butterflies. Some day I will run out of the canes and it will force me to make more.

Tonight, I made and baked more hearts. The National Polymer Clay Guild newsletter came via email today, and there is a mention of a charitable place hearts can be sent... more reasons to make hearts? Be still MY heart!!

It's called Hearts for Heroes, and the hearts go to our troops. I don't think we should be in Iraq, but we ARE there, and I believe our troops must maintain their morale in order to do the best job they possibly can.

Also check out this link for more information: It's Jest 'er Clay

Okay, time for bed.

No comments: