Monday, May 28, 2007

Bookmarks



I decided to be brave and try making some bookmarks. I've always been a little concerned about making thin polymer clay pieces... what if they break? Will they hold up?

Well, I don't know the answer to that question, but the ones I made are pretty darn flexible. I did not attempt to fold them, because I really like them!! They probably would crack if pushed that far.... Maybe I should make some blanks and see what happens...

I like the results so far, though!!

My friend, Becca, suggested I do some art pieces with this technique. I plan on doing some wall art as soon as I can clear out my work room. It's horribly cluttered right now, which is a direct correlation to how my mind feels right now.

Funny how my muse will make itself scarce when my environment becomes cluttered and disorganized. (It doesn't help when I can't find what I need, either!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Jael!! Just beautiful!! Can't wait to see what you do next.... love stopping in and checking things out...

Hugs!

~Tina